Monday, June 14, 2010

I don't want to study for Spanish.
I think I get lazy because I'm pretty good at it just from all the classes I've taken and maybe some natural talent.  HOWEVER, Amanda's way better at it than me and maybe if I tried harder to memorize vocabulary and grammar rules I'd be better at it.  Test over chapters 1&2 in the am.  Two chapters in 4 days?  I hate summer school.  Summers are for tanning and sleeping and working out and being with Kyle.  Yes.  Being with Kyle.  For the past 3 years that has been my summer and I feel like I'm losing our best time together because of school and work and wedding and church and firefighting nonsense that I hate.  OK, I shouldn't say nonsense.  I just get so selfish because I want him to spend every waking second possible with ME and not at the station.  He's either working, at the station, or doing firefighter homework.  It's really hard to not get mad.  But secretly I am mad.  It's not his fault, I'm just as busy.  I'm just mad and sad that this summer can't be like the last three.  We can't lay in the grass and drink sweet tea, or go to the lake on a whim.  We can't drive around looking for a quiet place in Mansfield with the windows down, my feet sticking out the window and my head on his shoulder.  i want my old childish summers back.  Not the grown up work and school and school and work summers.  I want to play silly games like ragdoll, nose tag and sweet things.  I don't want to plop down on the couch and do homework and then go our separate ways for the night when it's only 9 o'clock.  I hate having to schedule and reschedule and reschedule dates.  I want to relax and enjoy my summer with my honeydew.

(look at that blond hair he used to have!)

No comments: